Home

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Visit The 'Breaking Dawn' Set.. If You Can Afford It!

UPDATE (9/17): Set visit ended up selling for $60,100!! all going to Stand Up to Cancer :)

Today we got word that Stand Up to Cancer is auctioning off a visit to the Breaking Dawn set early next year:

Be a part of a one-of-a-kind, “never been done before” experience when you and a guest take part in a visit to the set The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Vancouver! Winner will receive two FIRST CLASS tickets from anywhere Virgin America flies plus VIP car service from Seattle to Vancouver. Experience first-hand the biggest pop culture phenomenon of the decade as you and a guest spend a day on the set. Breaking Dawn is the fourth installment in the Twilight Saga franchise, based on the popular, best-selling novels by Stephanie Meyer. Breaking Dawn is directed by Bill Condon and stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, and Dakota Fanning.
The auction started  a few hours ago, and it's already up in the $6,000 mark. Good for charity.. bad for us poor people. The auction continues for more than a week.  Here's the link in case you win the lottery and can bid for such a worthy cause.
 
P.S.
While reading the fine print of the auction we discovered when production moves to Vancouver from Louisiana :)
The experience will take place between February 1, 2011, and the end of March 2011, when the crew is filming on the Vancouver set.  
We'll have updates as production gets underway!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! Would love to spend a day w/the cast, especially w/Rob. Lucky rich winner. Instead, I'll look forward to your updates on production. I'll be satisfied w/seeing some pics & knowing what's going on ;-) Thx for all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about the people that can't afford to be that generous? It's a great cause and I should know because I've had cancer. I'm poor as a church mouse, but I can always dream...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..how are you? My mother died last year (11 September 2009)with a cancer to the pancreas.Before she has had also a cancer to the breast. I'd like to spend a part of my money but I don't know how I have to do it.If you have an address where I can send money in my currency (€uro).I don't have muche money but i would be happy to spend it for the others. You are a special person. Good luck and love Rob for You and your family.Annalisa from Rome (eternal city)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your loss. Here is the link for you to contact them. https://www.standup2cancer.org/Default.aspx

    Yvette x

    ReplyDelete